Sunday, November 30, 2014

Russell Stover Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cream Santa


Like the raspberry cream Santa I reviewed previously, this piece doesn't look much like Santa out of the wrapper -- but it does taste like the kind of candy that you'd want Santa to leave in your stocking!
 There's a rich, bittersweet note to the dark chocolate, although it doesn't have much of a melt -- but it's the filling that's the star of the piece -- a whipped frosting-meets-mousse concoction that isn't a strong mint, but rather, a fluffy vanilla "mousse" with just enough of a minty spark to make the confection delightfully delectable. It's creamy, rich, and more than a little reminiscent of the yummy, rich-tasting, melt-in-your-mouth fluffy frosting that blanketed many a cake at a childhood birthday party. I found myself scooping some of the mint "mousse" out of the chocolate shell with my finger so I could save it for last. 


This candy has been rated D (divine)

No comments: