Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kandy Kritique -- Hershey's Marshmallow Creme Kisses

OK, here goes. My first candy review on this blog.
A friend told me of the existence of these little beauties in Walgreens. So when I went to the Big W, I decided to try them for myself, and my taste buds were disco dancing!
These are filled Kisses, and the inside isn't really marshmallow, but a delectable soft "frosting" with a mellow toasted-marshmallow taste. The chocolate around the "frosting" is soft, buttery, satiny, and gives literal meaning to the phrase "melt in your mouth." This M-I-Y-M chocolate shell, mingled with the "frosting," makes the most heavenly candy combo your taste buds will ever have the pleasure of knowing, and due to the soft richness of these little delights, the best way to enjoy them is to "smoosh" the piece in your mouth, rather than chewing it.
I only have two peeves about these kisses. One, they're limited edition, and I think a candy this delicious should be a permanent addition to the line. Two, they don't come in individual servings, just the standard bags, and having a bag of these bite-sized confectionary masterpieces in my house is a real test of my willpower.
As far as ratings, it's a done deal. I have no choice.

This Candy has been rated D (Divine)

No comments: