Monday, August 18, 2008

Kandy Kritique -- York Peppermint Pattie

A classic candy is classic for a reason, as this delectable disk illustrates. The York Peppermint Pattie is all the sweet, fun, yummy tastes you loved as a child wrapped into one dreamy confection. Think chocolate. Think candy canes at holiday time. Think frosting in a can, eaten straight up, off a spoon, no pesky cake getting in the way. Now, think of all three of these flavor phenomena rolled up into one scrumptious mix. That is the York Peppermint Pattie. The inside is a stiff, thick "icing" sparked with mint to keep it from being cloyingly sweet, and the outside is a smooth, rich jacket of dark chocolate that has just the right amount of snap between the teeth and then melts in the mouth and mingles with the "icing" to become an amazingly delicious paste of yumminess. This is a truly CRAVEABLE candy and it rates -- you guessed it. I especially like them frozen.

This candy has been rated D (Divine)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

York Peppermint Patties are my favorite candy. I've had at least one full size bar or a mini or two every single day for as long as I can remember

I've never frozen then but I do like them refrigerated. I bite off a little piece and suck the chocolate off and then eat the mint part.

Chewing right through them takes something away