Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kandy Kritique -- Taste of Nature Original Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

I saw these candies at a variety store and I thought they sounded interesting. Cookie dough dipped in chocolate -- what a delicious-sounding concept. But, of course, you can't eat a concept, so how did the actual candies taste? Only one way to find out.
I opened the box, and in it were several small, glossy brown pellets on the order of Raisinets. But instead of raisins, these were filled with a sugary mixture intended to approximate unbaked cookie mix, but without the dangerous raw eggs present in the real deal. I popped one of the tidbits into my mouth and chewed as slowly as possible.
The "dough" was grainy -- but in a good way. And it really did taste like unbaked cookie dough, except lighter on the vanilla. The chocolate was a bit intense, almost bitter, and that played off the sweet dough very nicely, adding complexity, making a very tasty contrast.
Now, Godiva or Ferrero, these are not, and the chocolate was a bit waxy, not as creamy and "melty" as I would have liked, and that prevented my rating these candies D, and the weakness of the vanilla flavor prevented me from rating them IST, but still, they are rather yummy.

This candy has been rated QT (Quite Tasty)

No comments: